The first annual China Shanghai International Children’s Book Fair (CCBF) will take place November 7-10, 2013, with a focus on material for children aged 0-16. It will be the first book fair in the Asian Market to focus entirely on children’s material. Co-launching with CCBF will be the CCBF New Title Showcase (NTS): an official exhibit of the fair where publishers from around the world can display their books and other material, to be found by the attendees and exhibitors at CCBF.
In addition to being the first of its kind in one of the world’s largest markets, CCBF also has the backing of several important groups, including the China Education Publication and Media Group, China Educational Import and Export Co. (China’s argest distributor of educational material), GAPP (the Chinese organization assigning ISBNs), and Reed Exhibitions
(organizers of The London Book Fair and BookExpo America), among others. With so many players in place, CCBF is positioned to succeed in its first year.
About the New Title Showcase:
The New Title Showcase exhibit is organized by Combined Book Exhibit, who has been organizing exhibits of this type since 1933. With successes at The London Book Fair and BookExpo America, CCBF is adding additional services to the New Title Showcase to make it the most successful to date. The New Title Showcase will feature children’s and educational books and
materials from participants around the world, placing them front and center to be discovered by the CCBF audience of attendees and exhibitors.
The New Title Showcase at CCBF will offer all of the following to its participants:
• Book/Product Display: The New Title Showcase offers a number of display options (see below) so you can display as many or as few products as you need.
• NTS Catalog: Each company and item that’s a part of the New Title Showcase will be included in the NTS catalog for simple cross reference to the products themselves. This catalog will not only give CCBF attendees and exhibitors a simple way to contact NTS participants, but it will also be a valuable tool to attendees and exhibitors after the fair is completed.
• Online Listings: All of the information included in the NTS catalog will be available online at www.newtitleshowcase.com for one year.
• Matchmaking: When NTS participants register with their company and titles/products, CCBF management will conduct matchmaking with publishers that they’ve vetted, matching them to NTS participants that would be logical fits.
• Post-Show Networking Sessions: Even after CCBF ends, there will be networking opportunities to find partners in the region.
There are four different types of displays available for the New Title Showcase:
• Single Title Display: Includes one title (physical product, print or ebook) on display, with its information, along with your contact information included in the exhibit catalog and on www.newtitleshowcase.com: $250 USD (Plus 6% VAT) per title.
• Shelf Display: Up to five (5) products, print or ebooks on display, with a company sign, and inclusion in the NTS catalog and website: $750 USD(Plus 6% VAT) per shelf.
• Panel Display: Five (5) shelves, with company sign, inclusion in NTS catalog and website, and access to shared meeting
space: $1750 USD (Plus 6% VAT) per panel.
• Double Panel Display: Two of the single panel displays, with company signs, inclusion in NTS catalog and website, and access to shared meeting space: $2500 USD (Plus 6% VAT) per display.
To register for the New Title Showcase, please go to www.newtitleshowcase.com and click to register for the China Shanghai
International Book Fair. Online registration is available only for single title and shelf displays. For Panel and Double Panel displays, please contact Janet Fritsch at [email protected]
Send one display copies for each show entered to:
Combined Book Exhibit
277 White Street
Buchanan, NY 10511
Indicate acronyms of shows on label, or place a copy of your Registration Form in the box.