There are a growing number of marketing companies for self published authors popping up from the Philippines using local residential addresses in the United States. These companies claim that they have sales representatives working out of their home in the U.S. and use their home address as their main business address. Additionally, some of these companies have gone out of business and then re-open under a different name with a slightly different address.
Some of these companies are also offering our book fairs as part of their marketing service and are charging exorbitant rates upwards of $1800 for a single show. Our published rates are much lower https://www.combinedbook.com/register-for-show.html
Below are some of the companies we have come across that we have “red flagged” as either charging exorbitant fees or telling outright lies about what they can provide. See “Common Red Flag Promises” below.
We will continue to monitor these companies and if you should encounter one of these companies or a new one that you feel might be a scam, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected].
Please use caution when dealing with any of these companies.
Red Flag Companies
- Alpha Book Solutions
- AuthorPro (Part of Matchstick)
- Author Centrix
- Author Capital LLC
- Book Agency Plus
- Book Avenue Publishing
- Book Magnets
- Book Thoughts Press
- Book Vine Press
- Carter Press
- Capstone Media Press/Service
- Editor’s Press and Media
- Global Summit Services
- Goldman Agency
- Matchstick Literary (Part of AuthorPro)
- Paramount Books Media
Common Red Flag Promises Made By Sales Rep’s From Company
- We have received feedback from our Book Scouts and Literary Agents that your book has a potential but is currently overpriced and they want us to assist you in having your book at a lesser price, yet at bigger royalties.
- That movie/literary agents will see their book.
- They will set up meetings about their books with agents.
- They are very interested in working with you on your book. We think you have a lot of potentials.
- Introduce you to Big Name Publisher. Contact us if you’d like to discuss.
- Will make your book a New York Times or Amazon best seller.
- Offer huge discounts on their publishing packages that are thousands of dollars.
- Your book has been chosen by experts and has been selected to be displayed in “ x book fair” but only a limited number of authors are invited and they must act fast.
- We can translate your book in any language.
- One of our book experts read your book and felt it has a lot of potential.
- Wanting to re-publish your book with the possibility of selling it to a company/publisher.
We also offer
Print Book Display
Showcase your paperback or hardcover book at any of our worldwide book fairs we attend…
Showcase your Ebook on large monitors including sample pages at any of our worldwide book fairs we attend. We will…
Print/Ebook Combo Display
Get maximum exposure of your book by having both a physical display of your book and the benefit of showing the…
Advertising in Exhibit Catalogs
Reach show attendees even after they’ve left the book fairs with one of our full page ads! Supply us with a pdf file and…
Feature your title in our library newsletter
Reach over 40,000 librarians nationally with our monthly librarian newsletter! Feature your title for added…
New Title Showcase
The New Title Showcase is an official co-branded exhibit at The London Book Fair and Bookexpo/BookCon. These shows are…
Marketing Scams & False Promises
A growing number of marketing companies are popping up from the Philippines that are scamming self published authors. See a list of some of these companies and common “come-ons” they are using.